The EC2 AMIs Detail Report provides a break-down of each Amazon Machine Image (AMI) that exists within EC2.
Summary: Shows where the AMI is located and how many instances are based off of it.
- Region – the geographical region where the AMI resides.
- Running Instances – the total number of running EC2 instances that were launched using this AMI.
- Stopped Instances – the total number of stopped EC2 instances that were launched using this AMI.
Details: Shows specifics about the AMI.
- Platform – the operating system of the AMI.
- Architecture – specifies the platform of the AMI.
- Description -the description provided when the AMI was created.
- Source – if the AMI is backed by the Amazon instance store, this will be the location of the S3 source manifest. If the AMI is backed by EBS, this will be the owner and name of the AMI.
- Owner – account number of the AMI owner.
- State – whether the AMI is available.
- Type -whether the AMI is a machine, kernel, or RAM disk image.
- Kernel ID – operating system kernel associated with the AMI.
- Name – the name of the AMI.
- Virtualization Type – specifies either a virtual machine (HVM) or a para-virtual machine (PVM).
- Visibility -whether the AMI is public or private.
- Cost – the monthly cost of the AMI.
Launch Permissions: Shows who has access to the AMI, if the AMI is set to private.