CloudCheckr’s extension for AppDynamics allows you to upload your AWS EC2 usage and cost data into your AppDynamics Dashboard. The following steps outline how to utilize your CloudCheckr metrics in AppDynamics.
Viewing Your Metrics for AppDynamics
1. Navigate to your AppDynamics Controller Page in your web browser.
2. Sign in using your AppDynamics Account.
3. Navigate to the Application you wish to view metrics for.
Viewing Metrics in the Metrics Browser
To view metrics via the Metric Browser:
1. Navigate to the Analyze tab and click on ‘Metric Browser’.
2. Once in the Metric Browser, you can navigate to your Custom Metrics by going to ‘Application Infrastructure Performance’ then to ‘Custom Metrics’.
3. Then to view a specific metric, simply expand the metric and drag the name of the metric onto the graph.
Create a Custom Dashboard for Metrics
AppDynamics allows users to create Custom Dashboards for specific metrics that users wish to view on a regular basis.
1. From your AppDynamics Home page, select ‘Create Custom Dashboard’
2. Select ‘Create Dashbloard’
3. Name and configure the initial settings of the Custom Dashboard.
4. Then click the Add Icon drop-down and select the format you would like your metric data displayed in.
5. After a metric format is selected, select the widget in the dashboard and in the properties window add a data series to the widget by clicking the Add Icon.
6. For the Metric Category select ‘Custom’.
7. For CloudCheckr metrics, select Application Infrastructure Performance > Machine Agent > Custom Metrics
8. Select the Custom Metrics you would like to have on your Dashboard
9. Click the Save Button
A custom widget should now be on your dashboard. You can repeat steps 6-9 to create as many custom widgets as is helpful for you. At any time you can edit a widget by selecting the widget on your dashboard and following steps 7-9.
If you have any further support related questions, you may submit a support ticket via the CloudCheckr Service Desk Portal.