The integration with ServiceNow allows you to configure email notifications that you can receive daily or any time there is a change to a Best Practice Check or alert.
To learn how to configure your integration with ServiceNow, review the procedure.
- From the left navigation bar, choose Account Settings > Integrations > Configurations.
- From the drop-down menu, select ServiceNow.
- Type the name of the ServiceNow account.
- Click Create.
- Click OK.
- Click (green plus sign) to review the details.
- Under the Account section, copy and paste the following information for your ServiceNow account:
- Click Save.
- Click Send Test.
The Integration Configurations page opens.
A message indicates that your integration was created successfully.
The page displays the new integration.
The page categorizes integrations by third-party vendor and then lists each account for that integration.
|Name||Name of the integration|
|Instance||Your company’s ServiceNow instance
Corresponds to sub-domain in the URL
|ClientId||Unique ID that the application uses when requesting an access token|
|ClientSecret||Secret string shared by the application and the instance to authorize communication|
|Username||Username in ServiceNow|
|Password||Password in ServiceNow|
|Assignment Group/sys_id (optional)||A pool of agents or vendors from which you can choose one to complete a work order task.
To use an assignment group, you must get the sys_id from ServiceNow.How do I get the sys_id from ServiceNow?
If the test fails, make sure that:
- the information in the fields, including ClientSecret and Password fields, is correct
- OAuth is enabled
- Refresh tokens are not low
Integration Configuration – Understanding Other Options
Integrate with Slack
Integrate with PagerDuty
Integrate with Amazon SNS
Integrate with Syslog
Best Practice Report
Configure Best Practice Check Notification