The integration with Slack allows you to configure Slack notifications that you can receive daily or any time there is a change to an alert.
To learn how to configure your integration with ServiceNow, review the procedure.
- From the left navigation bar, choose Account Settings > Integrations > Configurations.
- From the drop-down menu, select Slack.
- Type the name of the third-party account.
- Click Create.
- Click OK.
The page displays the new integration.
- Click (green plus sign) to review the details.
The page categorizes integrations by third-party vendor and then lists each account for that integration.
In this example, since there were no previous integrations, Account 1, is the only listed account. The indicates that you need to provide additional information before the integration is complete.
- Under the Account section, copy and paste the following information from your Slack account:
Parameter Description Name Name of the Slack channel that you want to integrate with. Incoming Webhook The URL that gets configured when you create an incoming webhook.
The incoming webhook allows you to send the results of an alert from our application to your Slack channel.
For information on how to create a webhook, see the Incoming Webhooks topic in Slack.
- Click Save.
- Click Send Test.
A message indicates that your integration was created successfully.
Best Practice Report
Configure Best Practice Check Notifications
Integrate with ServiceNow