The integration with Slack allows you to configure Slack notifications that you can receive daily or any time there is a change to a Best Practice Check or alert.
To learn how to configure your integration with Slack, review the procedure.
- From the left navigation bar, choose Account Settings > Integrations > Configurations.
- From the drop-down menu, select Slack.
- Type the name of the Slack account.
- Click Create.
- Click OK.
- Click (green plus sign) to review the details.
- Under the Account section, copy and paste the following information from your Slack account:
- Click Save.
- Click Send Test.
- To learn about other configuration options and to turn on alerts, review the topic, Integration Configuration – Understanding Other Options.
The Integration Configurations page opens.
A message indicates that your integration was created successfully.
The page displays the new integration.
The page categorizes integrations by third-party vendor and then lists each account for that integration.
|Name||Name of the Slack channel that you want to integrate with.|
|Incoming Webhook||The URL that gets configured when you create an incoming webhook.
The incoming webhook allows you to send the results of an alert from our application to your Slack channel.
For information on how to create a webhook, see the Incoming Webhooks topic in Slack.
A Slack message indicates that your configuration was successful.
Integration Configuration – Understanding Other Options
Integrate with ServiceNow
Integrate with PagerDuty
Integrate with Amazon SNS
Integrate with Syslog
Best Practice Report
Configure Best Practice Check Notification