The RDS Cost Summary Report shows you the costs being incurred by the currently running RDS DB instances. The report allows you to identify where your costs are occurring across regions, classes, and Database Engines.
NOTE: These numbers reflects what the DB instances that are currently running would cost you to continue to run. It does NOT include the cost of any network data in or out.
Cost of DB Instances Per Month: Shows the estimated total cost of running each DB instance over a 30 day period.
DB Instances by Price Type: Shows how many On-Demand and Reserved DB instances are running in the account.
- Pricing Type – whether the instance is On-Demand or Reserved.
- Instances – the total number of DB instances within each price type.
Estimated Cost Per Month by Region: Shows the cost of each running DB instance within each AWS region.
- Region – the location where the instances reside.
- Total Cost Per Month – the estimated cost to run each DB instance within that region.
Estimated Cost Per Month by Engine Type: Shows the cost of each running DB instance by engine type.
- Engine – the engine used by the DB instances.
- Total Cost Per Month – the estimated cost to run each DB instance using that engine.
Estimated Cost Per Month by DB Instance Class: Shows the sizes (t1.micro, m1.small, etc.) of the running DB instances, and the cost of each.
- Instance Class – the instance class used by the DB instances.
- Total Cost Per Month – the estimated cost to run each DB instance using that class.