The RDS Summary Report provides a high-level overview of the database instances and items deployed within RDS.
The Overview section displays:
- Total DB Security Groups – the total number of security groups.
- Total DB Parameter Groups – the total number of parameter groups created.
- Total Recent Events – the total number of recent events within RDS.
- Total DB Instances – the total number of database instances within the account.
- Total Reserved DB Instances – the total number of reserved RDS instances.
- Total DB Snapshots – the total number of database snapshots in the account.
The RDS Summary Report also provides helpful charts.
Instances by Engine Type: Shows the total number of instances by database engine.
- Engine Type – the engine of the instance.
- Total – the total number of instances using that engine.
Instances by Class: Shows the total number of instances by instance class, which dictates the compute and memory capacity of the instance.
- Class – the class of the instance.
- Total – total number of instances within that class.
Instances by Region: Shows the number of instances within each AWS region.
- Region – the geographical location where the database instance resides.
- Total – total number of instances within that region.