The EC2 Cost Summary Report provides a high-level overview of the costs incurred to run the instances deployed within EC2.
This report only reflects instances that are Running. Stopped instances are not included. Data transfer and disk I/O costs are also not included.
Cost of Running Instances Per Month: Shows the total cost incurred by each running instance over a 30 day period.
Cost of Attached EBS Volumes Per Month: Shows the total cost of all attached EBS Volumes over a 30 day period.
The report also provides charts showing:
Instances by Price Type: Shows how many On-Demand, Spot, and Reserved instances are running in the account.
- Price Type – whether the instance is On-Demand, Spot, or Reserved.
- Instances – the total number of instances within each price type.
Estimated Cost Per Month by Region: Shows the cost of each running instance within each AWS region.
- Region – the location where the instances reside.
- Total Cost Per Month – the estimated cost to run each instance within that region.
Estimated Cost Per Month by Platform: Shows the cost of each running instance, organized by operating system of the instances.
- Platform – the operating system of the instance.
- Total Cost Per Month – the estimated cost to run each instance utilizing that operating system.
Estimated Cost Per Month by Instance Type: Shows the sizes (t1.micro, m1. small, etc.) of the running instances, and the cost of each.
- Instance Type – the size of the instance.
- Total Cost Per Month – the estimated cost to run each instance of that size, per month.