CloudCheckr can deliver billing alerts via email whenever your daily AWS cost rises above or drops below a threshold you define, within a 24 hour period.
These alert emails will show you what your current daily bill is, what your bill was yesterday, and what your costs for each AWS service yesterday and today. This allows you to pinpoint exactly where your price fluctuation has occurred.
NOTE: AWS billing monitoring must be enabled for this CloudCheckr feature to work. For easy-to-follow instructions on enabling this feature, please go here.
To enable billing alerts within CloudCheckr:
1. Log into CloudCheckr and select ‘Edit Project’ on any project listed on the Projects page.
2. Click the Notifications tab.
3. Ensure your correct email address is added to the ‘Send Emails to:’ text box.
4. Select the Enable Cost Alerts check-box, and select a percentage threshold to trigger the email alert.
5. Click the ‘Update’ button to save your changes.