The EC2 AMIs Summary Report provides a high-level overview of all the Amazon Machine Images (AMIs ) within EC2.
The Overview section displays:
- Public AMIs – the total number of AMIs that can by accessed by any AWS EC2 user.
- Private AMIs – the total number of AMIs that can only be accessed by specifically defined user.
- Paid AMIs – the total number of AMIs that have been purchased from Amazon.
- Maximum Possible Storage Costs for Private AMIs – the highest possible monthly cost of all AMIs within all regions. NOTE: When storing the AMI, you only pay for the S3 storage taken from the snapshot. Example: A 10 GB EBS volume that only has 500MB of data will only take up approximately 500MB of S3 storage.
AMI by Platform: Shows the operating system of all the AMIs within EC2.
- Platform – the operating system of the AMI.
- AMIs – the total number of AMIs utilizing that operating system.
AMI by Owner: Shows which AWS Account the AMIs belong to.
- Owner – the AWS account number that owns the AMI.
- AMIs – the total number of AMIs owned by that AWS account.
AMI by Region: Shows how many AMIs exist within each region.
- Region – the geographical region that the AMI resides in.
- AMIs – the total number of AMIs within that region.