The EC2 Detail Report will provide a complete break-down of each instance launched within EC2.
The details of each instance is broken into four categories:
- Attachment Count – number of EBS volumes attached to the instance
- Total Volume Size – sum of the capacity of all EBS volumes attached to the instance
- Status – whether the instance is running, stopped, or terminated
- Type – the size of the instance
- Platform – the operating system of the instance
- Pricing Type – one-demand, spot, or reserved
Security Groups: This shows each security group that is attached to each instance.
- Group ID – the ID of the security group
- Group Name – the name of the security group
EBS Volumes: Provides details of each EBS volume attached to the instance
- Device – the device of the instance
- Attachment Time – when the volume was attached to the instance
- Snapshot – the snapshot of the instance
- Size – the size of the instance
Instance Details: Further information about the instance
- Launch Time – When the instance was launched
- Monitoring State – Displays ‘enabled’ when CloudWatch detailed monitoring is on.
- Private DNS Name – Displays the private Domain Name Service name, if applicable.
- Private IP Address – Displays the private IP address, if applicable.
- Public DNS Name – Displays the public Domain Name Service name, if applicable.
- Ram Disk ID – Displays the Ram Disk ID, if applicable.
- Source Destination Check – Indicates whether source/destination checks are performed.
- State Reason Code – States just the Reason Code for the current state of the instance.
- State Reason Message – The reason code and reason message for the current state of the instance including time of change.
- State Transition Message – The reason message for the change of instance state.
- Subnet ID – Displays the Subnet ID.
- Virtualization Type – The type of virtual machine running, e.g. paravirtual or hvm.
- VPC ID – Displays the Virtual Private Cloud ID.