The EC2 Idle Instances Report will show you which EC2 instances within AWS appear to be idle. CloudCheckr considers an instance ‘idle’ when its CPU Utilization averages below 2% for a 24 hour period. CPU utilization is calculated with CloudWatch data from your instance. The report also highlights the amount of money being spent to run these instances.
In addition to showing the total number of idle instances, and the total monthly cost to run them, the report has charts displaying:
- Idle Instances by Region – the geographic region where the idle instances reside.
- Idle Instances by Type – the size of the idle instances.
- Idle Instances by Platform – the operating system of the idle instances.
The report also shows details about each instance that is considered idle.
Information: Details about the instance.
- Instance Name – the name of the instance.
- Region – the geographic region where the instance reside.
- Monthly Cost – the total cost to run the instance.
- Platform – the operating system of the instance.
- Availability Zone – the specific zone within the region where the instance resides.
- Type – the size of the instance.
Usage Stats: Statistics showing the activity of the instance over the past 24 hours.
- AVG Disk Read Bytes – the average disk read bytes of the instance.
- AVG Disk Write Bytes – the average disk write bytes of the instance.
- AVG CPU Utilization – the average CPU utilization of the instance.
- AVG Network Input – the average network input for the instance.
- AVG Network Output – the average network output for the instance.